Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here we go

I just want to share a little bit of background about, well, me.

I used to weigh 100 pounds. Seriously.
Right after high school.
I know.

Then I got knocked up.
*applause*

I gained at least 50 pounds with this one.
Awesome I know.

Then a few years later, Still overweight me, got knocked up again. Well.. We were married, so I suppose it isn't called knocked up anymore.
I gained a few more pounds.
A few notes about me..
I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. For more info on this click here. I have mild Fibromyalgia. I am overweight. I have thyroid issues. I have headaches daily. I have high blood pressure. I am on lots of medications.

I am not letting any of this stop me from finding the skinny chick inside, clawing, fighting, and screaming her way out.
This blog is going to be embarrasing for some. I hope to find encouragement from you all. Please feel free to give advice, yays, boos, anything you wish. I am open for business! *smile*


The begining of last year (2010) I had a dr appointment. I love my Dr btw.
I weighed 214 pounds. (psst... it's invisible, but if you highlight it, it is there.)
This was a wake up call for me.

I am only 5'3 and 30ish.
That is morbidly obese according to the webosphere googly thing.

ICK!

So.. I started watching what I eat. I went on several "fad" diets. I used HCG for a bit, I did lose about 10 pounds and haven't gained it back, yay.
I did the no carb thing for a week or so.
I tried a new way of balancing carbs and proteins for a month or two and managed to lose another 10 or so.

One pound at a time, I've lost 30ish pounds. *bows*
I still have 50ish to go, so I've decided to join Weight Watchers again.
I will be updating my blog as often as I can, so please join me for the fun. (coming soon)

Let's get this party started!

1 comment:

Hart Johnson said...

Sugar, I totally support you on this--I've always struggled (I was actually heavyish at the end of high school and look at college as my 'ideal' because I was running daily and had a controlled food supply (yay group housing))--I lost 40 pounds last year, but then gained 32 of it back in the second half, so I am starting fresh-ish... I ALSO have about 50 pounds to go... I'm proud of you for losing that 30 and keeping it off! Keep it up!