Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vegetarian sloppy joes

these were so good!!

I luff me some sloppy joes and this recipe was a keeper!

I got this recipe from
I downloaded this to my kindle fire..

Here's the recipe:
 if you can't read it-
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons butter
1 pkg (12 oz) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
2/3 cup ketchup

my variations- since I didn't need to serve six.. just me :)
I used about 1/8 of an onion
1 tsp butter
a small amount of the veggie crumbles (morningstar)
no flour
1/3 can tomato sauce
a squeeze of ketchup
I don't follow directions very well..
but the recipe is for six sloppy joes. The Weight Watchers p+ is 7
I used less than half and got 4 sloppy joes on my little rolls.. two for dinner and two for lunch today!
yumo! I give this 3 Weight Watchers points plus since I used half and made more sammies with it!
 Oh I did add a lil garlic salt..

Sauteeing the onion
 adding the crumbles, pepper and garlic salt
 adding the tomato sauce and ketchup
 done!


This was fun and yummy!
thanks Monica Wilder (author of the cookbook)

1 comment:

gracies tough journey said...

This sounds great. I was just looking at your Broiled Tilapia also,YUMMMMMM! Thx for these recipe.